Throughout his prosperous career, Marcus’s firm embrace on change has continually inspired his drive for invention and new forms of storytelling. Accruing a wealth of experience across world-renowned brands, his work has won at every major, international award show including D&AD, One Show, The Webby Awards, The Effies, London IPAs, New York Festivals, ADFEST, Spikes and the eminent Cannes Lions.
Marcus’s ethos in today’s landscape is simple: audience attention must be earned, not demanded. That’s why he champions the belief that today’s agencies shouldn’t just make ads, they should exist to solve their clients’ problems – in whatever creative form that may be.
Possessing a succession of key creative roles at large integrated agencies such as DDB, Ogilvy and McCann – combined with a mix of more specialised digital shops – Marcus brings with him extensive experience across traditional and digital fields, as well as specific expertise in mobile, online film and data-driven creative. Today, Marcus leads as Executive Creative Director at Western Australia’s largest agency, The Brand Agency.
Crossfire discussion and award presentation as Interactive and Mobile Jury President – AdFest 2016.
RECENT AWARD JUDGING:
• One Screen 2019 (International film award show for One Club)
• AWARD School 2018
• NEW YORK FESTIVALS 2017 – Digi/Mobile
• ADFEST 2016 – Jury President for Interactive & Mobile
• CANNES YOUNG LIONS 2016 – Interactive
• AIMIA 2015 Digital Industry Association of Australia – Interactive
• GLOBAL AWARDS 2015 (New York Festivals for Healthcare) – Interactive
• Creative direction (CD to ECD level)
• Creative development & strategic thinking
• Digital ideas across mobile, social, web, video campaigns
• Data-driven ideas and campaigns
• Traditional ideas across TVC, print, radio, OHH – integrating with digital campaigns
• TVC/video/film scripting and screenwriting
• TV/film production & film directing
• UX for web, mobile & tablet
• Managing of large-scale creative projects including copywriting, art direction, design, production and dev
• Nurturing new and existing client relationships to help secure new business
• Agency management & team leadership up to ECD level